Karen's Real Estate & Architecture Work History and Achievements
Real Estate Accolades:
- Senior Real Estate Associate, Hammond Residential Real Estate 2010-present in the areas of Brookline, Newton, Chestnut Hill, Brighton and Watertown
- Top 125 Realtors, Coldwell Banker Real Estate, 2009 - New England
- 2007 and 2008 Top 2% of Coldwell Banker Realtors, New England
- 2005 and 2006 President's Circle, Coldwell Banker Real Estate
- Within Top 5 Realtor, Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage, Brookline, 2006, 2007,2008,2009,
- Top 7% of Coldwell Banker International
Architect Private Architecture Practice, USA & Europe
Principal Architect - marketed, designed and constructed both interior architecture and design build projects for residential architectural services in Germany and United States
- Kitchen design, total renovation maintenance plan, condo complex, Garmisch Germany
- Kitchen design build, interior design of primary living space, Heidelberg Germany
- Total design build renovation of 1920 condo, Wiesbaden Germany
- Total design build renovation of 1860 condo, Wiesbaden Germany
- Kitchen, interior architecture & oak library design build, Ellicott City Maryland
- Total house design renovation for flipping residential property, Ellicott City Maryland
- Office condo renovation, design build, Arlington Massachusetts
- Complete residential condo renovation, design build, Brighton Massachusetts
- Residential houses/condo, various kitchen & bath designs, throughout Massachusetts
Selected Professional Experience: EU, US, & NATO Affiliated
- Orphanage Renovations Design Build, Project Manager, Ukraine
- Ukraine Utility System Upgrade, Program Manager, Georgia
- In-country Infrastructure Analysis (roads, ports, & airports), Senior Urban Planner, Albania
- Environmental Potable Water Design Build, Program Manager, Mauritania Africa
- Threatened & Endangered Specials Identification Program, Project Manager, Belgium, Germany, England, Egypt, Italy, Poland, Turkey
- Housing Analysis, Architect, Netherlands, England, Germany, Italy, Turkey
- Heath Care Infrastructure Analysis, Czech Republic
- EU Infrastructure Upgrades Proposal, Program Manager, Poland
- Architectural Design Guidelines for Cities, Senior Architect, England, Germany, Greece, Italy, Turkey
Corps of Engineers Eastern Europe Regional Outreach Office
European Account Manager, discovered new markets, uncovered unique funding streams, developed and closed new B2B sales opportunities in Eastern Europe through strategic outside sales of US Engineering capabilities to US, NATO, and host country customers.
- Partnered in building sales organization from ground zero, conceptualized and realized strategic plan that generated $2.5 million in new consulting revenue within 18 months. Sustained strong revenue gains despite a fiercely competitive market. This became 20% of the District workload and exceeded sales expectation by 400%.
- Solution sold US engineering services for all NATO infrastructure interoperability work in Poland. Hungary and Czech Republic. generating a $615 million multi-year proposal for all NATO work in Poland.
- Built, trained and led global cross-functional expert engineering teams on numerous Eastern European projects for both classified and non-classified missions.
- Generated new prospects and proposals for engineering engagements in aspirant NATO members, Newly Independent States and other Partnership for Peace (PfP) countries, responsible for $10 million in consultative service opportunities over 3 years.
- Frequently briefed sales presentations to Senior US, NATO, engineering community and host country staff on past, current and future international engineering opportunities and efforts to cultivate relations through engineering as a tool for preventive defense. In support of these efforts led US High Level Officials on country visits.
- Received public accolade and numerous awards
Corps of Engineers, Planning and Environmental Branch
Inside / Outside Sales Representative and Life Cycle Project Manager for Western Europe and Northern Africa for planning and environmental projects from discovery, study phase through design, construction and any intermediate stages. Uncovered new B2B consultative projects, developed project scopes, prepared Government Cost Estimates, conducted contract negotiations, prepared project schedules, budgets, monitored projects for QC and timely progress, managed costs, project budgets and resolved contractual problems. Awarded and managed 50 contracts worth over $48 million to industry, incorporating international regulations, laws, US and foreign language technical information, and performance criteria into procurable contracts. Spoke at numerous government and private conferences.
- Expanded position to strategic marketing and sales of in-house consultative capabilities, awarded and managed over 10 First-In-House Contracts, built, trained and led teams up to 14 technical experts, generating $1.8 million in professional services
- Negotiated and trained staff in negotiating $22 million in new engineering contracts, resulting in 30% of the branch's workload. Received public accolade and Special Act Award
- Earned a reputation for developing a consultative selling relationship with customers, earning new and innovative business based on trust and product knowledge. This led the senior management's decision to hand pick me for the planning, organization and establishment of the new sales and marketing position at the Regional Outreach Office.